Faith, Hope, Love, I care and I love, Ripples of Joy
Faith, Hope, LoveLove, CareLove, Faith, Hope, CareFaith, Hope, Love, CareFaith, Hope, Love, CareMyspace CodesFaith, Hope, Love, CareMyspace BackgroundsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace Layouts
Custom Search

Friday, May 24, 2013

Teaching the Kids


This guest post from Doris Dillon

I’m trying to impress upon my kids how important it is that we give back to the environment. Their generation, unfortunately, doesn’t place a lot of value on making sure they’re taking care of the planet and since I’m from the hippy era, I do! I want them to know that once they buy their own homes they need to recycle and conserve water and try not to waste energy. I’ve been sitting with my older daughter showing her the ropes on www.ElectricCompaniesTexas.net because there’s a lot of information out there about different energy providers’ stances on solar energy. My thought is, if you can make some of your own energy with solar panels, why not? It’s nice for me to feel like I’m giving them something by teaching them these life lessons they need to know. I can’t believe they’re both almost old enough to move out on their own but I want them to be responsible citizens of the earth and I want them to know that they have a responsibility to give back! The last thing I want them to become is gas guzzling, consumer-driven people. I think there are already far too many of those in this world and that the rest of us have to pick up their slack. The earth is a fragile thing and I strongly believe we have a responsibility to take care of it while we’re here. What if we didn’t…isn’t that like stealing from our descendants? My kids have great heads on their shoulders and I know they’ll always do the right thing. I just want to make sure I’m equipping them with the lessons they need to hear to figure out which decisions to make when they’re adults. When they’re paying their own electric bills and buying their own gas they may have different feelings about using so much electricity, I tell you what! Right now they’re kids, though, and these are life lessons.

0 comments:


Myspace CodesMyspace CodesGlitter GraphicsMyspace LayoutsGlitter GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace LayoutsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace Layouts myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics